Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How I paint my cars!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: How I paint my cars! Reply with quote

Ok, so many of you might be curious as to how I paint my cars... what programs I use and what not. So here it is for him and anyone else who is curious!

The programs I use consist of Microsoft Paint, Microsoft Publisher, and Irfanview.

Now the only program you really need in this progress is Irfanview to convert/edit the pictures/stickers you are going to use for your car. You can download Irfanview here for free ----> http://www.irfanview.com/ The other two programs are secondary and you don't really need to use unless you are trying to recolor or do something else to the picture that Irfanview might not be able to do.

Now once you have Irfanview downloaded open it up and then open the picture you want to use as a sticked from there. Now do what ever changes you want to the picture, editing it to your liking and once you have the right look you are going to need to re-size the picture (make sure you select Preserve aspect ration also).

This is because when you go into the In-game painter and select you image this is what will happen to the image;

Now once you have re-sized your picture and have made the necessary changes to it click File then Save As. You are now going to save your picture as a Truevision Targa or TGA format. Save the image as Sticker and place it here ----> C:\Program Files\TrackMania Nations ESWC\GameData\Painter\Stickers. Once saved there you will then create a new folder and place your picture in it with whatever name you want to use.

Now go into another folder that was already created by TMN with a sticker in it (Ex. _Attach). You will notice a .dds file called Icon and a TGA file called Sticker. Copy the .dds file Icon and then go back into the folder you created with you picture then paste the .dds file there.

Now that you have done these steps you can open up Trackmania and go into the painter. Mine for example in this case is called XtremeLogo99. Click your sticker and you are ready to paint!

Oh wait... you clicked your picture and it's all messed up (glitched out)... What do I do now you are probably asking yourself? (May look something like the picture below).

Well click any of the Trackmania created stickers and move it around on the car.

Re-click your sticker and whala, it works!

You will also notice the Sub Object Selection Tool also that will allow you to paint only certain parts of the car which is very useful!

I hope this helps you guys out there trying to paint a car! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please don't hesitate and ask and I will try to help you out! Wink

Maybe now I wont have to do so many car requests!
actual speed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for contributing that, Carbon. I hope it will inspire some others to pick up the brushes.
How odd and yet typical of Nadeo it all seems Confused

Skin by Baino
LaValle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: How I paint my cars! Reply with quote

[quote="{USI}Carbon"]You will also notice the Sub Object Selection Tool also that will allow you to paint only certain parts of the car which is very useful!

Is that button always there?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LaValle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: How I paint my cars! Reply with quote

{USI}Carbon wrote:
You will also notice the Sub Object Selection Tool also that will allow you to paint only certain parts of the car which is very useful!

Is that button always there ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That button isn't in my painter???
knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you have either have one of these two buttons selected. Then the Sub Object Selection Tool will pop up...

If you have one of these two buttons selected you wont notice the SOS Tool...

Hope this helps bro! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHHH!!!
knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude WTF????? I have no idea what's wrong with that man! That's messed up... Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it was Murphy who first said, "what can go wrong, will go wrong."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Cars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: