Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound Updates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gording

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Sound Updates Reply with quote

Just to bring this topic a bit up to date with some little known adjustments, and features...

The horn the game uses by default is :

Update : As Lycos UK (gone bust and taken over by Multimania) can't fix their FTP server in over a year, have now have allowed malware and spam onto their hosted websites, I have had to remove all file links. Sorry)

You might have discovered that some people have a constant horn blowing going on by now? This is often caused by people using USB joypads that haven't got button configuring software for PC use (or they don't know, or care about learning how to do this).

So as they clamp their little pudgy hands around their Playstation style pads, their fingers are also locked over loads of other useless buttons. Usually the shoulder buttons come under particular attack, and if those buttons blow the horn....it'll beep, beep beep, beep (repeat until you throw shoes at your speakers in anger) beep beep beep....

You get the idea? Now how to fix. You can either find that file listed above and edit it (careful it's "read only", so you'll have change it to "Write enabled" before you edit it), so it's now silent, or download the "Silent Horn.zip" I've placed on my site to replace the default one. You'll now have a silent horn....but remember this is only for you, and only the default horn is silenced. If you press your new silent horn, you'll hear nothing but everyone else will hear....beep beep beep...

So this is only of use if other people beeping is annoying you

Last edited by Gording on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My PS2 pad's set up quite nicely thanks (I set it up in-game). I've never found it possible to put fingers on both shoulder buttons on one side for long so I never bother. My horn is on L1 and is out of the way unless I choose to use it.

Incidentally, if you want a good setup then I recommend:

X-accelerate
Square-brake
Circle-Previous checkpoint (TMU; this is the same as a complete restart on TMN)
Triangle-Restart
Left analog stick-steer
L1-Horn
L2-Preffered race camera (in my case camera 1)
R1-toggle opponent car names
R2-camera 3 (for wallrides and loops with no camera change)

And that's about it...
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had any trouble with a controller either, though I do know that in united there is a bug which makes your horn do this. It's often caused by custom horns. Of course you can only really verify and tell this when on something like vent with people you trust Smile.
Gording

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Sound updates to controllers.... Reply with quote

Oh that's nice...now how would we all implement those button presses without a Ynos joypad of death? Twisted Evil

I do realise that console joypads have their "I will not part with it, and my next step is to have it surgically implanted into my emtpy brain pan!" die hards. But the problem still exists that the more buttons you shove into a controller the larger the problem is that fingers can get a bit wayward in the heat of the moment. I can only suggest that those people with Homer Simpson shaped hands be more careful of what buttons their stumpy yellow fingers are clamped over! Or use a silent horn! Very Happy

Personally I find these options below work for me :

...and I've got a silent car horn, so fat yellow cartoonish fingers pressing the horn over and over don't annoy me either! Razz
evil_homer
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so fat yellow cartoonish fingers pressing the horn over and over don't annoy me either!

sorry guys! i didn't think i pressed it too much Embarassed

Laughing unless your talking about Good Homer Laughing

i think i might change my horn anyway, duelling banjos anyone?

Last edited by evil_homer on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with keyboards Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: