Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter 07 Raceweek #...er Iceland GP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dantski

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
About lap 15 or so Dantski totally jinxed me saying it was gonna be a DG double

Actually I jinxed you in the pre race by saying that. It was Moldo saying it looked like being a dg double in the middle of the race.

It seems Moldo had the commentators curse that race because soon after he saw me catching up the leaders very quickly and said I might still win. I crashed immediately. Cool

Heh well now you guys see why I don't go flat out in races, my only 0 of the season.
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1:
started off race staying around fifth at the start, just trying to stay up with the rest. near the end i got up a few places from every1 crashin before me hehe. last lap i was having a bit of a duel with dodgy, i nip ahead to first for a second or two, take a jump wrong and fly over the edge... but i landed on track when i fell and managed a comfortable 7th Very Happy
Race 2: not the best of starts... down by 7 seconds at the end of the first lap and down to 15 seconds after 2nd due to terrible driving. Decided to go all out for the rest of the way. With so many peeps crashing, i slowly creeped my way up. At the last 2 laps, i come a second and a half away from 1st place, but after seeing me, jonny puts his foot down and i had no chance of catching him. In the end- 2nd place by 3 seconds with lap record. Very Happy

great races all! thnx to mad for hosting and all other admins for preventing riots!
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that ended up being my best weekend this season, and yet again I was the lowest scorer in Maserati Razz Ah well, I'll make up for it next season Wink

1st race: Started well (I think). I had the hud turned off so had no idea about positions, was just concentrating on not hitting the walls Razz Had a good race with retoon for a while mid race, for what must've been 6th place, but ended up losing him after a few mistakes. Was pottering around all on my own with 6 laps to go when suddenly Voices pulled alongside me, and we had a right battle royale for the rest of the race, neither of us being able to get in front without making a mistake Razz I eventually pipped him on a dramatic last lap, where we swapped position 3 times, and the final gap was only 0.1 Razz Was astonished to discover I'd finished 5th, after thinking I was in 7th - thank you Swat and whoever it was (Dantski?) for messing up right at the end Smile

2nd race: Again started well, this time with the hud on. Was somehow in 5th place after 4 laps, not sure how, must have just been others hitting things. Was going along fine, and even got myself up to 2nd due to people in front falling off, but then landed on the wall off the first jump, and did a barrel roll. After thanking the god of TMN for letting me land on my wheels, I carried on, only to do the same thing 5-6 laps later, and again landing on my wheels! This though took me down to 8th or 9th, and I struggled to make my way forwards, again gaining places as much through other peoples mistakes as my own speed Razz Then on the final corner of the final lap I almost managed to throw the car off the track, doing a fairly impressive wall grind before crawling over the line in 6th.

A highly entertaining finale to the season, and I thank everyone involved for hosting,making the tracks, figuring out the format, getting everything together, and most importantly, for competing Very Happy

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It was Moldo saying it looked like being a dg double in the middle of the race.

It seems Moldo had the commentators curse that race because soon after he saw me catching up the leaders very quickly and said I might still win. I crashed immediately.

Actually, I did say it could become a DG double, but it was Steve saying you might still win Wink
KCMG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1 : dreadful start was racing with STEVE !!!!!! then struggled to get past middenrat and others then when finally passed them noticed that JGG and Tred were miles ahead. Then followed 10 good laps overtook JGG and then few more and suddenly i had caught up with Tred. I then had a fantastic battle, where whoever made the last mistake was going to lose ..... saddly that was me but 6th was a nice after a pianful race.

Race 2 : crash .... crash ..... crash, last bit of clean racing was with Mad around laps 5-8 ish then crashing most laps afterwards a slowly fell and never managed to recover i needed 5th to take 5th in the championship but i had such a bad set of laps that i couldnt get any rythm up. finally crossed the line in what would have been a 2 wheeled car i 8th and had to except 6th overall. Well done dodgy!

Great series, thanks to all for great racing and hope to get myself a top 5 place next series.
panza

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wont embaress myself by giving a race review but would like to thank all people that have made this series happen

by the looks of it all some hard work has been done on the forums and on the server to make it all happen

a credit to everyone involved and a big thanks for letting me race

cheers guys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PelicansMoldo wrote:
but it was Steve saying you might still win

Hehe, that was me. After saying it, you crashed off after about 10 seconds Embarassed I wasn't thinking but sorry Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: