Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter 07 Raceweek #6 Scotland Meeting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Winter 07 Raceweek #6 Scotland Meeting Reply with quote

So if no one's posting this.. Razz

Tracks are Scotland GP by Bat and Ca Demanage Circuit by CJ

Love them personally Cool (I mean the tracks Wink )

Have fun

Last edited by Moldo on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good tracks .... but high speed tracks

so could cause a few crashes

also crash = 2/3 seconds so watch out
Medi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed tracks indeed. Don't think you'll see me finish close to the top...I seriously lack speed compared to people like Dantski, Moldo and Bboy.

Could be a good race between the top though...
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tracks are OK, but i dont perticularly like speed tracks compared with tech ones, so like i said to Medi, im going to make a track for next weeks GP, and its not going to be speed.

But anyway, this week, im expecting me leading for the first few laps, like i nearly always do, then start crashing, and being attacked by the kerbs. Laughing
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by all means make a track for next weeks GP steve...... I believe we are having a break next week Smile

Seriously, GP tracks are always welcome you can email them to me if you don;t want them on the forum. Cheese has sent me one that might see an outing in the new year.

I didn;t start this thread because the track names were still undicided when I went to bed last night Smile
JawZ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonders what part of Scotland that track is on, looks bit flat....
McInSanE

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get a point for the fastest lap although you're not participating in race?
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so..? Hasn't occured yet
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McInSanE wrote:
Do you get a point for the fastest lap although you're not participating in race?

sounds correct to me, anyone might have a great Practice then get called away from the race Smile

Skin by Baino
retoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...

race 1:

started out well running with the leaders and was leading by around lap 3 untill i think lap 20. dodgy and swat were always behind me by 1 sec the whole race untill dodgy took me on lap 20 and just wasnt catchable, i think he was just waiting behind me untill the right time, very good race by him. me and swat swopped postions over and over again untill the last lap where i think he might of hit. best race by me so far, think i only hit once, and couldnt of gone better for maserati.

race2:

started well again and ran with dantski for around 5 laps then i started to fall back, think i was 7th with 8-10 laps to go. the maserati players and nismo player kept swopping postions for most of the race but the better team came out on top (Very Happy). finished 5th thanks to swat crashing on the jump before the finish. thanks for that. well done bboy for the win.

i almost forgot i get the fastest lap... GO ME!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best weekend yet of racing, with two top 10 finishes.

Scotland: In a blaze of lag, bright colours and jittery cars I had what was at the time the biggest in-race battle I'd ever seen, with what seemed like at least one car from each team attacking and usually passing successfully. Nevertheless, I managed to get 9th place.

Ce Demanage: This one showed me that the first one was in fact a warm up as after a shaky start I made up about 7 places in around the same number of laps. Found myself in 10th, but made a mistake and let CJ, Mid, Rustray and JawZ past, before making up the places again. This happened 3 times. Was feeling the adrenaline flowing, but calmed down a touch when Bboy passed me and I follwed him on and off for a few laps. Held off the Brabhams (now joined by Mad) until the last 2 laps, when CJ decided it was now or never and took me. Had a tense battle until CJ crashed half way round on the last lap (bad luck CJ), leaving me to cross the line and find that I was actually 9th.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sooooo chuffed...

1st race.. waited and watched toon and swat. homed in and tried to keep consistent . Fnished about 5 secs up in the end. I have joined the illustrious ranks of a gp winner Smile

2nd race.. crashed about half way round 1st lap, where i hadnt crashed all day. end of lap 2 was 16th.. just worked on through to 5th and then swat got a dose of xmas spirit and decided to give us all an extra place Smile

Nismo's not singin anymore.....
Dantski

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

much yuckage

1st race I drove a really slow first lap, got to the hairpin and for the only time today the kerb flipped me over barrier. Drove around the grass a bit looking for an easy route back on and eventually climbed a barrier and then set off again, around 50-55 secs down. After that I drove a pretty smooth race spening more time unlapping myself than gaining positions. Eventually finished 18th 0.3 behind Dutchy and about 40 secs down on the winners.

2nd went as I thought it would mostly, early on me and toon were leading and then he dropped back and BBoy went past going really fast. I just figured I wouldn't even try to stay with BBoy and just finish 2nd. Around 15 laps in I hugged the barrier on first corner and dropped to 4th briefly, but then zoomed back into 2nd soon after. BBoy kept crashing in the last 10 laps and in sympathy so would I. At the end he won comfortably with myself around 4 secs behind and Moldo a few secs behind me.

I noticed during the 2nd race that just about everyone was faster than me around the 1st corner yet I was considerable faster on the last corner.

p.s. 1 sliding corner on 2 GP tracks = I get no qually time points!
retoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was a few secs back on you when you had that crash. and it look great from my view. ill get the replay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Nightmare Evil or Very Mad

Didn't get much time to practise cos of work; I was counting on 20 mins before the start, so at 7 I suggested to the Mrs we try out the new Indian takeaway nearby ... We paid our money ... and were still there at 8pm! There was an ever growing, increasingly irate crowd gathering in the takeaway, continually being added to as people who had placed phone orders started to descend. Newcomers were ordering food and being told that their food would be ready in about 40 minutes! At a takeaway! I wanted Gordon Ramsay to be parachuted in with a big spoon and a taser gun ... I sort of felt sorry for them in the end. I don't think they had anticipated the rush and must have had 1 cook and no system of taking orders in place. It was bedlam.

So I missed the first 15 laps of race a, went on spec while it finished, and when the 2nd practice session started, I was stuck on spec, so couldn't practice. Race starts. I'm 23rd by turn three. I fall off 3 times. I finish 23rd.

A weekend to forget. My apologies to the JPS team. We can still win the championship, though! Rolling Eyes
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were actually 20th mate Wink ah well, still 1 point..

First race was as I planned it, meaning right up against the pole in the first lap, which made me something like 30th if that's possible. People kept crashing so I was able to get back up, also thanks to Steve for letting me pass in the last corner Smile

Second race was a bit better. Came in third eventually. Nice going by Dant and Bboy

Scores coming up soon
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve's nice like that. I've noticed this.
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe Laughing

Can someone send me a replay please of the second GP. I would like to see what actually happened to me on the jump.
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh, sorry, forgot, you have it now

I had a look and what happened is you went on the side of the ramp, making you flip, and you ended up on your roof, not very smart Laughing
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Just watched the replay, thanks retoon, and moldo.

Dont know what caused it, but on the second jump, i must have hit a glitch in the game because it didnt jump properly. Mad I was a bit to the left, but then when I went on to the second jump, it launched me clean over the backwards boost, and way higher than everyone else Sad

Is it possible to watch someone elses car from a replay??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: