Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SERVERS........
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  

spare server, what would you like?
United Laps Server
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
United Stunt Server
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
United Challenge Server
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nations Time Attack Server
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Nations Challenge Server - weekly track
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Nations Rounds Server
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
Nations Select Server - Limited rotation round 10 tracks
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: SERVERS........ Reply with quote

OK, so Mad Laps GBR is a hit, the GP's are a hit but the United server is just dead. sorry pep but it is really not a success.

So that means we can run another server Smile I'm thinking of a nations timeattack server but any type of server in either game is acceptable..... or running the challenges like we did before.

give us your shouts and let me know what you might like.

Last edited by mad on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rounds......rounds is alot better than time attack imo. In tmn

Time atack is ok once in a while, but it gets boring quickly because you can just drive on the limit (i do sometimes on laps, but then i dont finish many) and just restart if you crash. You got to be more controlled on rounds and laps.

Anyway, you should set up a poll, my vote goes to tmn rounds

MAD ROUNDS GBR or MAD TIME ATTACK GBR.....????
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humph! I like United but I don't get an apology.

Can we at least give MLU another chance and put some new tracks on there? They don't even have to be "new" ones, tracks from TMN/O/S work just fine in my experience.

Ok, that's unlikely to make any difference as my previous attempts at being inspirational have failed dismally. So what do I think? Short rounds tracks are quite good fun. In time attack I set my fastest times about 3 attempts in and start slowing down after; it's bizarre but life's like that. So yeah, rounds please.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding another nations server will just split the regular players between the 2 servers... which would kinda suck.

It would have to be time attack I think. Rounds is ok but not much different from laps so what's the point?
ViRuS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad laps with more slotS?
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheese we did give united a good bash when we first loaded it up... at least three weeks of solid play and guess what... about 2 people joined. There just arn't enough in teh united community and the racing is closer on nations due to the limited pieces and environments.

As for more slots in mad laps, nope. The racing gets bad at over 20 slots as was noticable last night. and as mad laps is HEAVING a the moment I have no difficulty in splitting the regulars. we should even drag in some more folk who prefer a different style of racing. We have a shed load of time attack tracks.... Smile though rounds would work well on some of our tracks.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Steve not only on this one, but in all aspects of life in general.

I think rounds is far superior to TA.

You still feel like you are racing against other people and not the clock, which makes it more fun. You can actually see people screwing up or performing brilliantly and it makes for a more communal experience.

The tracks can be a little more tricky than on laps because you'll have a minimum of 4 attempts at it. What tends to happen is that once people have mastered the tracks they start going for records rather than winning the individual games, so newcomers can often benefit from their inevitable overexuberance ...

If you do mess up quite a bit, you can still try and finish and get 1 point which could prove vital when the finishing post approaches, so it's never game over unless you fly off the track.

Grand finales often occur, with three or four players needing a win to break the threshold, and this can make for exciting racing - do you go all out for the win or take it easy?

I do like a game of TA now and again, and the challenge can be fun - plus it's great for honing your skills. I used to spend hours on Smurfs of War and Death from Above, although I do tend to find that TA servers all over the world seem to use the same few tracks. But winning is down to one perfect run out of dozens of attmpts, whereas rounds rewards consistency. Also, if the TA track takes 60 seconds to complete, once there's less than a minute left you just sit around.

TA doesn't really need to be online. You can race the tracks offline on your own and post records on TMX, and the challenge remains almost identical.

But others may disagree .....

Last edited by bunsenjetson on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I perfectly understand Mad, the United server was a success at the begning, but it's empty for while. It wouldn't be correct from me to ask you to let it running for "nothing" (not really nothing, we had great moment there).

About running another mad server on Nations, why not, but i also prefer rounds.
Time Attack is already 99,99% of the server on both Nations and United... and i hate this. Sad
retoon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it with more people on. more to race with Very Happy

can we not just try and bust the united server. all just poping on it now and then and people will start to notice it more and become regulars
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepper we did have some good nights and made 12 or so players, but the racing just isn't anywhere near the competitive edge of nations. It looks great, It races well, but I think that the variation in game play and the low numbers of racers mean it just doesn't give the same buzz.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "Nations Rounds Server" Wink
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is/was nothing wrong with the Mad Laps United server. I did go there several times - I just find the environments clunky and awkward, which is not DMM's fault! Let me put it this way: If island, snow or desert etc. was a standalone game it would be laughed out of town, yet as part of a medley, people seem happy to play them - I just preferred the stadium environment so stuck with Nations. I feel a bit guilty that I didn't support United more, but I just never really enjoyed it.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that after have played all environment for a while, and even if i said i prefered Coast, equal with Stadium... i prefer, by far, the Stadium.
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunsenjetson wrote:
they start going for records rather than winning the individual games, so newcomers can often benefit from their inevitable overexuberance

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Who would throw away a win to have another go at the records when they can end the track because they have enough points????....... Embarassed Embarassed

*Whistles and slowly edges away*

Rounds retains the great racing we get on Laps, also, the people who join are usually friendlier because all the muppets go in Time Attack (no offence to TA but they do)

And retoon, the three of us went on the United server, and 2 people joined. One left within a couple of milliseconds as if he had clicked on the wrong server, and the other completed about 1 track, then left... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Steve on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
DodgyGeezer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rounds for me too.. though another option could be a extended laps - maybe 6-10 laps on a slightly shorter laptime track, like the BST sprint ones..
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Who would throw away a win to have another go at the records when they can end the track because they have enough points????....... Embarassed Embarassed

Me? (Sorry, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. I'm sure you do it on CZR .... Um, you?)
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who would throw away a win to have another go at the records when they can end the track because they have enough points????

Yep, I've done that as well Embarassed
DaCheese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
And retoon, the three of us went on the United server, and 2 people joined. One left within a couple of milliseconds as if he had clicked on the wrong server, and the other completed about 1 track, then left... Rolling Eyes

Oh yeah. That was pretty good fun, but I can appreciate that a game with a UK community that plays nothing but TA isn't a good place for a server in laps mode. I wouldn't have it any other way, once you play laps you don't look back. Let's stick to Nations then. Keep all the United tracks though Mad, we could still run a session on TMU from time to time Rolling Eyes
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you all should listen to Spanky McCoy (i'm aware I'm speaking in the 3rd person and will stop it now)

Personal opinions here, purely personal

United laps was great but like many others said the racing was never as close and never as full a server. The other beef I had with it was I never knew where I was in the order, I won most of my races without realising it until the scoreboard came up. The other problem I had was that to keep people coming onto the server at least 2 or 3 people would have to be on it and some nights I'd be racing by myself waiting for someone to enter (usually Middenrat) it just wasn't as much fun.

Time attack for me just isn't as much fun as laps or rounds, it's frenetic activity on tracks that can be as confusing as hell. My vote went to rounds and as most of you know that has a lot to do with my pure and utter hatred of pig dog late starting swine who's cheating ways should be stopped with a baseball bat to the knackers (oh good here comes my tablets). Evil or Very Mad

Rounds, do it, do it.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this spoke Spanky McCoy, wise amoung the wises...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: