Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[OFFICIAL] Trackmania Forever
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: [OFFICIAL] Trackmania Forever Reply with quote

Look at this Shocked

It seems Nations will be fusioned with United. Or at least, United players could play with Nations ones by launching United only.
That's a good news i think.

the NoCD is also a good news Mr. Green

Last edited by Pepper on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't even heard of most of the content of that thread Confused

BUT WILL IT SCREW THE LAPS RACES?

we need to know Pepper, get on the case Arrow

Skin by Baino
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats quite interesting. So we paid money for a product that is to be rereleased Smile I knew it sucked.

We'll at least nations will get an update which should prove quite interesting. Like the other posts said.... lets hope they get this version to work instead of sucking badly like united.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be very big news ... well spotted Pep. I can't wait to hear the pope fading. And I'll be able to draw triangles!!!

But seriously, this does look like a major development. So majot that I can't quite get my head round it. If you can play nations vs united, is there any point buying United Forever? I do like the idea that United stadium things will be available in nations, but it worries me to think that going onto nations could mean I have to play snow, desert and treacle and what not, which I have been able to avoid by sticking to nations.

I'll be watching this one ...
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you won't be able to play united when you are on Nations, but if you are on United, you could play Nations.

The Nations players will still only be able to play on the stadium, and no more. Wink
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ... sorry I read that now you come to mention it ...

Even better! The best environment! With amazing blocks!
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I only have the free Nations so far, I hope they won't make me buy anything.. I'm happy the way it is..

By the way, you may expect it by this post, but I'm too lazy to read all this Razz
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i expected it Mr. Green

Nations will be improved to be compatible with the United Stadium, but stay free. Wink
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what does the United Stadium have that I don´t? Embarassed
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirt roads, water, sunset - sunrise and night mood, checkpoints looking like a stargate, plateforme blocs, some new road blocs to complete the old ones, ... few others deco things
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they fix the bugs it's promising. will reserve my judgement.
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After purchasing and playing United for a couple of month's, it is now gathering dust Mad , I liked the Coast enviroment, and thats about it. Stadium for me went backwards, I can't explain why ?, and as for the other enviroments, Island was like racing in a high speed kaliedascope* Laughing and the others were just poor, although good fun every now and then, the other glaring error, was the stupid timings fault in laps mode !!!!!!!! " it was working in Nations so lets break it " ( Nadeo )........ . Finally, ( CJ Rant !!!! ) With so many lame comedy enviroments in TMU, you could be having a few decent races in Stadium or Coast, and then have to endure a couple of "wacky races" in other enviroments, like having adverts every ten minutes of a really good live football match on t.v. Shocked Rant over...............

Your new's Pep sounds very good indeed, but for now I will view it cynically ................... I would like it to succeed............... but for now I will call it Shocked Trackmania Never Shocked ................. Laughing Laughing Laughing
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes CJ but what is it exactly turns you off? - Wink

actually, scanning the link thread i found some reference to the altered physics of TMU Stadium. The community lore states United vehicles have more mass, just how much is not made clear.

Skin by Baino
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably more fuel...
That's strange, i seem to be the only one who prefer the car behavior in United instead of Nations... for the stadium i mean.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean Pep ... On one of my rare trips to Mad Laps United I raced on a dirt stadium track and on my first ever go won by 10 sec and got a 5th record, a few seconds behind the 1st record. Now anyone who has driven "against" me knows I'm not exactly ... how can I put it? ... good. The other racers, some of whom were wily old hats on ML, were writing messages about sitting this one out etc. It baffled me because I found it quite easy. There must be something ... I don't know what ... that makes Stadium on TMU play well on certain computers and not others. FPS, some kind of graphics rendering ... ???? It's the only explanation. I never win! I find Stadium on TMN and TMU more or less identical, handling-wise, and love racing on dirt, whreas others seem to hate it. Very odd ......
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMU stadium and TMN stadium.

TMU - Slow, sluggish, more pieces still doesnt make for the fact that they managed to make it worse. Defintely not helped by my kart, which seems to drive properly and go faster, not like the blue whale, (audi) mad was driving a while back.

TMN - Fast, can corner just lifting, something that you cant do on TMU which annoys me because its how i go round 75% of corners. The only thing they improved is the kerbs....

The only thing i really want is they take stadium from nations, not united.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Sigh). Here we go again. Nations vs. United. I'm happy because judging from United as it is now I'll be able to race on ML with smoother gameplay and better graphics on my rubbish system. For some reason United's much kinder to my PC than Nations. Also, this may not be helped by the occasionally jerky running of Nations but the handling is much more neutral on tarmac in United. Gone is that infuriating understeer in high-speed corners. Perhaps it is a bit slower paced but I can't say for sure due to aforementioned visual benefits.

Extra blocks; dirt's not for everyone, but I like it and the drift handling's great fun. Also, will the tarmac addicts stop whining about the addition of the brown stuff when they get some new pieces too? Stadium on TMU gets diagonal slopes in the banked sections folder, longer flat diagonal sections and those big square bits for making fun but deadly tracks like Noob Flinger...

I personally think the updates are a good idea. The main problem is that perhaps less people will buy United. A lot of people are also annoyed that their favourite environment is going to be made free in its complete form and I don't blame them.

What's with the name though? TMNF and TMUF? Not convinced at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMX interview with Nadeo.

This clears up a lot of the questions about TMF. It also mentions the new environments that Nadeo were working on, Toy and Moon. Thank goodness they're not releasing those by the sound of things!

Last edited by DaCheese on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
JawZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toy..? sounds like micromachines which was an amazing game on the megadrive and old pc >_>

moon...doesnt sound to appealling.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Micro Machines was awesome. On TM though...perhaps not.

And as for Moon...well, let's not go there. Not that it matters, as development has stopped on these and there's a 99.9 recurring % chance that they'll never be released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: