Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[OFFICIAL] Trackmania Forever
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racer_X wrote:
I must say that I like TMNF and I actually got a 2nd place on NOOB FLINGER Which was a shock for me. I've still gotta fiddle with the settings a bit because most tracks were a bit choppy for me. BTW.... ME LIKES THE DIRT!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Better than me..I got flung..twice..
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see some of you are having trouble with handling ( not in a bad way) as it may level the playing field ( for a week or two at least)
DaCheese

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the joys of Noob Flinger. Some good ones on the "new" server. Now, who feels like trying the tracks I posted a week or two ago?

The new handling is great in my opinion. More turn-in, less understeer, actually feels lighter I'd say.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its definitely reduced the advantage of sliders over non sliders. In nations, I could be about 5 seconds behind someone going about medium speed with 1 lap to go, and i could catch him up more often that not... but i was struggling to keep up yesterday Razz

And i cant say i like the new handling... feels like im steering a whale, but i think it will be ok after a few weeks when everyones got used to it.
JawZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the cars are more "grippy" on tarmac

Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, in fact I'm beginning to prefer the handling to Nations..
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new stadium car handling is definitely more realistic, especially the cornering, you don't just stick to tram lines like you could in nations.

Some of the surfaces almost seem like ice to me at times Laughing

The dirt sections are actually pretty realistic and make for some interesting races.
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirt sucks ^^ That's just my opinion, I guess it's a cool thing for those who like. Anyway, two things that annoy me in laps, or better yet, rounds, cause laps has been killed Evil or Very Mad

Why do you not get to see the cp times of people behind you? When I go through a cp it shows my time, and the times of the people in front of me, but the names of the people behind me won't show up there, no matter how long you wait.
(Also, when I'm slightly behind someone, the cp still sais I'm first. The latestarting-because-connection-problem was already in TMN Laps, but not in TMN Rounds, and now the problem is in TMF Rounds as well.. screwed.)

And the respawning is annoying. First of all in a GP it would just be unfair, for that matter, in any race it's unfair. But also.. When you retire during rounds, it could become annoying when you'd have to wait all the time. So that's what Laps are for, you can restart.. but now you can't restart the race anymore o.O it's either retiring (waiting) or respawning, which is also annoying when it's placed right before a jump. It just messes up the race. Restarting simply is the best, retiring should be available as it is, and respawning should be banned from the game.

Other than that, it's also unfair that the TMF ranking is just based on the TMU ranking. Now I don't really care about the ranking, so that's okay, but it's still unfair Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the respawning issue.

If I fall off the track I consider that as crashing so I always just hit delete and give up. In Nations falling off the track = end of race unless you late start, but In UF I consider it the same so I don't bother starting from the previous checkpoint as I see that as being unfair If I was to catch.

Plus, I actually quite like watching the race from above with the names turned on, its like watching scalextric Razz
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to give our Champ's comments some regard, but Moldo i don't agree with the issue you raise re: respawning. As someone has already mentioned on this Forum - the loss of time and position means no-one will win any races doing this (unless the leaders are also forced to respawn of course) and just assisits more beginner/intermediate players to finish the race.
If you really need telemetry of the rest of the field you're leading you can click the corresponding button on the Mad Controls Bar, top left. I prefer to use the hairs on the back of my neck Wink

Skin by Baino
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He means the 'Sectors' button, Moldo.

Although you have to drive with the box on, which is ok i guess
Dantski

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

half the blocks appear as plain white

respawning should be an option that the server host should be able to decide on

after furiously hitting all the buttons on the top left menu, the menu disappeared entirely, hitting and clicking on everything I could see didn't bring it back

so yeah TMNF hasn't been great for me so far
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with respawing either. f you can crash, respawn and still win, the other racers must have also made mistakes (or respawned themselves). Sure, if you're a purist and want the game to be as realistic as possible, respawning probably rankles with your sensibilities, but people who drive fast and don't crash will always beat a respawner simply because of the time it takes to have a crash + get up to speed + cover the distance from the checkpoint to the crash site.

(actually I was thinking of making a track where you HAD to respawn to be slow enough for the following section ... having second thoughts now)

Some of the timing features really are up the wall. I too show as 1st or even the only competitor when I'm quite clearly neither. I also don't like the way the winners table start to appear on the right of the screen while you're still racing because right-hand bends start to become obscured by the table.
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been looking into the lagginess and bugginess of the classics server Mad? All I had was see-through roads, corners, invisible opponents and crackling noises with the sound.

Lag is a problem, as when I race on the UF server I find that the car/sounds 'jump' quite often sometimes causing me to miss a racing line/braking point.
The game is playable, but I'm awaiting a patch or something like that from Nadeo..hopefully..
JawZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classics has got some problems. ive seen other tracks converted from nations on other servers that seem fine? >_>

DanTheMan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s the mod`s m88, they don`t work well with the new program
(i think)
Putsku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just dled it, and like it so far and love the dirt laps!

ps. bunsen, make dirt version of car ark lite plzzz Rolling Eyes
LaValle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my blocks and the stadium are pitch black, I can drive through the barriers on the track, and the whole stadium changes color every time I change direction.

Yup. TMNF rocks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JawZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putsku wrote:

ps. bunsen, make dirt version of car ark lite plzzz Rolling Eyes

due to how dirt works this wouldnt be possible would it?

mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buggyness and lag is part caused by me at the moment.... server hitting 100% processor... but not entirely my fault, the game is buggy and lagggy without that. I'll keep experimenting for now and will hopefully have an answer this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: