Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Season 4 Results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPS-Reh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to grndl and Team Steve, great job, good game!

Well, first of all: Congratulations to neeeveee for her first complete saison, well done!

Tyrrell had quite a difficult season, after a dominated 3rd saison the new car didn't do what it promised, the suspension was suboptimal and the engine which we advanced from the season before had a few dropouts. We had a few probs even with the electronic system as well.
At least we managed to get a few podiums and we're 4th in the end. When the season started i hoped a bit that we had a chance to challenge Team Cooper, but in fact the competition was very high and it almost was a lonely season for us.
To add insult to injury we are in the red now so next season we have to change to a homologated stadium car which is already used by some other teams to reduce costs.

On the other hand i am proud to know Team Tyrrell as one of the most traditional teams in the MAD-Laps GP Series to lead the eternal points and finish statistics. We definetely will enter the next season and i'm sure we'll do well. The prototype of the new car is ready yet and we are working hard to have good chances next time.
We actually do not know who's gonna drive next season for Tyrrell, it depends a bit on the rules, as rumour has it we're going to have a tier system and if so, we have to see which options we have.

Finally, thank you to the admins for another great ligue!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job grndl and Team Steve. It's healthy to have the drivers and the team championship going different ways, and it has been a great season. Looking at grndl's stats, who would have predicted this result in the first third of the season? But you were always there or thereabouts, and it turns out that the championship probably hinged on just a few overtakes.

And of course, thanks to Mad, Mid, Mod and Mud for combining for another perfect season of racing. Thanks for your time and effort, and often sacrificing your own performances for admin purposes.

And SpankyTech? Only a fool would not fear us for next season. You don't need a calculator to work out that we made a clear 3.45997 per cent performance improvement, and assuming all the other teams stand still or deteriorate, we will be in the mix for sure in the 2015 Spring season. Sorry I missed the first rounds, too. I really had no idea!
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thank you very much Mad and Mid for the time you've spent on it, it has been a great success Wink
Also Moldo for the result updates each week Smile

Concerning Cooper, Swat has carried it on his shoulders from the beginning and it is thanks to him if we are 3rd in the team championship, thanks a lot Mate.
Mrs Longpole, before the season started, you told me you might not be there at each event, but actually you were and i sincerely thank you for it. Wink I hope you enjoyed it.

MPS-Reh wrote:
To add insult to injury we are in the red now so next season we have to change to a homologated stadium car which is already used by some other teams to reduce costs.

Lol, Cooper could follow you on this point, we'll do our best to improve our performances, and in order to do that we need to start again from the beginning. The basic stadium car model can be greatly improved by the way, we'll work on it.

The next year line up will also depend from eventual new rules and wishes of our drivers. I am open to any suggestions and ideas. Wink

To finish this post, thank you to all the racers and all teams, and congratulations to all of you. Wink
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunsenjetson wrote:

And of course, thanks to Mad, Mid, Mod and Mud for combining for another perfect season of racing. Thanks for your time and effort, and often sacrificing your own performances for admin purposes.

And SpankyTech? Only a fool would not fear us for next season. You don't need a calculator to work out that we made a clear 3.45997 per cent performance improvement, and assuming all the other teams stand still or deteriorate, we will be in the mix for sure in the 2015 Spring season. Sorry I missed the first rounds, too. I really had no idea!

If anyone bothered to watch the finish of the race they saw my SpankyTech 69er 08 spinning off into the black void of space before I regained control and headed for friendly Imperial forces, oh yes SpankyTech will strike back in 2009.

I reckon we will rise up the rankings next season if we manage to get all 3 drivers on the grid for every race. That's not a dig by the way boys JawZ can't help his ISP problems and Bunsen can't help his addiction to lap dancing clubs.

Congrats to those who won, I still hate you all and when you get your comeuppance it shall be me who is the fiendish mastermind behind it. I'm not finished with you yet Cheese mark my words Twisted Evil

I've got an idea for the Christmas Holidays I'll run past Mad, Mid, Mod and Barney (the purple dinosaur he does admins between midnight and 4am). Hopefully the SpankyTech Invitational will be a laugh riot while still remaining an adrenalin fuelled speed fest.

Was a good season all even if it did cement my mid table mediocrity and shatter my dreams of podium champagne spraying Very Happy
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leave it to teamboss DaCheese to explain away our singularly average performance, in the tradition of the Ferrari pitcrew 100m relay team.
Thanks everyone for taking part and contesting the races so fiercely. This competition is the keenest gaming rivalry event I've ever known, gl all for the next season.
Moldo: great work simply Thankyou m8 Very Happy

Skin by Baino
DaCheese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is there to explain? I'm pleased with Green Missile Racing's first season in Formula Mad. It was always unlikely that we would be challenging for podiums but we achieved our season target (beating SpankyTech). Which reminds me Spanky, you owe me some money for repairs to my estate... Twisted Evil

Great racing as always from everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great season all, i missed first few due to internet being off, had fun from then on, THANKS TO TEAM DAMAGE for being there, and thamks to BEER for wrecking my team, All races good, apart from the ones i came first!!!, Spanky, Debs suing u for using 69er.tm usage.

Thanks to Mad/Mid for effort (although small, haha, joke), gg`s all, loved it (Apart from racing on my own for ten races, cheers guys)
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job winning isn,t everything but having fun is,and theres was that in shedloads,thanks to thug & homer, gits supreme, and special thanks to those wot made it all happen the three m's mad,mid & moldo. looking forward to much fun and little success next season thank you all. p.s. wheres my weapons spanky thugs twitching !!!!!!!!!!!

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
mrslongpole

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the brilliant season as u know im totally crap but loved taking part even if i did swear alot on vent Laughing sorry i didnt finish more gp's pep so if you feel the need to replace me dont woory im not offended Crying or Very sad ......might start my own team next season "INTERPOLE" Laughing would be me, Mrpole(as we are buying our daughter a laptop for xmas he can use that) and maybe dodgy or mark-s look out for new competition LMFAO.......promise i will practise more... anyway thanks to the admin team u really did make me laugh on vent and a special thanks to sosteve for crunching his way through a packet of pork scratchings all night to put me off Laughing xxxxxxxxsee u on the tracks xxxxx julie Razz
grndl.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all.

It was a fun season for me and as Bunsen mentioned I didn't think after the results of the first 5 races that I would have a shot at winning the Season. Even before the Season started I thought I might, at best, get a 5th place but I guess I had some good fortune.

It's a shame the team came so close to winning the constructors but there isn't much you can do about dodgy internet connections and absenteeism. Cool So congrats to the Steves.

My thanks go out to the admin team for an, on the whole, smoothly run Season, the track authors for some fantastic tracks and I can't wait for the next one to come along next year when I'm pretty sure I won't have so much luck second time around. Smile
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grndl. wrote:
I can't wait for the next one to come along next year when I'm pretty sure I won't have so much luck second time around. Smile

next year? pffft sooner than that..wasn't there a month or 2 between this and the last?

i started playing in march and theres been 2-3 seasons since then
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We "stated" it to have 4 seasons in one year. Since this one was the 4th season, there's gonna be a pause before the next one. Not before 2009.
Maybe the time needed to close the discussion about tiers or not tiers, balanced teams and so on.
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry mrs L promise to stick to jelly babies next season Smile

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
minim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for organising this all guys, good job (even if I had some issues XD).

grndl. wrote:
It's a shame the team came so close to winning the constructors but there isn't much you can do about dodgy internet connections and absenteeism. Cool So congrats to the Steves.

My fault :/ Latley I fight with my insomia and when race is going to start I simply must go to sleep (and even if I race there will be no effect).

Big gratz anyway grndl! (don't be so greedy - you still is "the one" Wink )

And yeah, gg steves!

...what's the next challenge? Very Happy
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
Which reminds me Spanky, you owe me some money for repairs to my estate... Twisted Evil

Great racing as always from everyone!

Check your insurance it was an act of god I don't owes you nuttin old bean Twisted Evil
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrslongpole wrote:
thanks for the brilliant season as u know im totally crap but loved taking part even if i did swear alot on vent Laughing sorry i didnt finish more gp's pep so if you feel the need to replace me dont woory im not offended Crying or Very sad

You must be joking, i didn't asked you to win every races you know Wink
Actually, i didn't asked you anything and you were racing each race.
You even have scored one point for the team championship, thank you for this too.
Swat would like to be in another team next year and it's StevieM who'll replace him.

mrslongpole wrote:
......might start my own team next season "INTERPOLE" Laughing would be me, Mrpole(as we are buying our daughter a laptop for xmas he can use that) and maybe dodgy or mark-s look out for new competition LMFAO

You're still welcome in the team Cooper and i keep the 3rd seat for you if you want me to. But if you want to run your own team i'm not offended at all, it's a funny experience actually. Wink
Just let me know if i keep the seat for you or if i search for another 3rd driver for 2009.
If you don't know yet, there is no emergency, take your time. Smile

btw i can already show you a preview of the car, we're back to the StadiumCar :

Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very tasty Pepper Cool

Skin by Baino
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice Pepper but you'll need more than that to face the onslaught of SpankyTech next season, we'll be back with a vengeance.

Mad Laps 5: The Wrath of Spanky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confident, our car has many improvements. Cool
If other teams are balanced, Cooper could have a chance to win both drivers and teams championship.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autosport spies noticed a black stadium-outline car moving at high speed in the Mad Arena last night. It's been suggested that the car is the Green Missile FMS4.5, a test mule for next year's FMS5 chassis. Streaks of green in blurry photos of the car give weight to this argument.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: