Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You may remember a team called BRM. If not, leave now.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaValle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: You may remember a team called BRM. If not, leave now. Reply with quote

We all know that Bentley is getting a little full, so I thought maybe we could split the drivers between Bentley and BRM ??? See what you think.
This is the first skin I've ever made so try not to be TOO critical of me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good skinning m8, I'd like a copy - i found a sound file of an F1 BRM c1958 with a 1.5litre supercharged V16 going round Goodwood Festival of Speed. Top dyno was 600bhp, more commonly 480 in GP trim. Sounds awesome, would be a neat marque-specific horn Cool
not sure however about splitting the privateers halfway thru a season.

Skin by Baino
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i remember right, the first Williams F1 was a BRM from the previous season.
That was the good old time for Formula one Wink
LaValle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell ya what mid- you send me the horn, I'll send ya the car.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy well, it needs a little editing, nothing Gordini couldn't fix tho, we'll work it out.

Skin by Baino
knight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good for your first bro! Wink Looks like the front if the car got glitched out though. I get designs like that if I let my screensaver turn on with the game opened, kinda cool sometimes. I would say that you could edit it a bit to make the designs sharper and do a few changes to it. All in all tho it's a pretty good skin.

P.S. If you want to you could send it to mwasalaski@comcast.net and I could fix it up for you man! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about my UOP shadow?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbon, It does look like it's glitched, but that was intended. You see, it was the sticker that was glitched, and it just happened to turn out really cool ! It does definately need improvement tho. My problem is that my game has a mipmap problem that makes it so that I can only use the in-game painter !

Anyways, thx for your help carbon, judging on the works you've created so far, I can't wait to see what you can do with my design ! Have fun with it and don't work too hard !
knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I will probably edit it tonight man! Is there anything you want me to keep in mind or save while painting it?

Also, do you want any certain decals or like certain companies like Nike or Toyo?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaValle wrote:
My problem is that my game has a mipmap problem that makes it so that I can only use the in-game painter

MipMaps are a feature of DXTexture compression. This was first featured when Sunrise got it's Extreme patch, and every TM game SINCE then, has the same feature. So TMN has it, TMU has it, and Forever has it.

MipMaps are like smaller textures embedded into a single file, so that as a car moves away into a distance, it's texture also gets smaller and less detailed, and need less graphics RAM. If you view all the textures in a DXT5 file you'll find a large one, a medium one, a smaller one, and so on...

You have to save textures as DXT5 files, or you get a "this car has no mipmaps" type error as you try to pick them in the Profile selection. Cars which were originally created for Sunrise before the Extreme patch will all generate this error, as they do not have DXT5 skin textures. Simply re-save their Diffuse and Details.dds files as DXT5 types to fix, and if you don't have an graphics app or plug-in that allows you to save in this format, search that web for "DX2BMP". It's a very small and simple application that will import old DDS files and enable you to save them as new DXT5 files (with no errors!). Very Happy
LaValle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Gord...But I believe its called DXTBmp lol...or at least that's what I use.
knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had fun painting your car yet, when it comes to painting cars there is not such thing as me not working hard bro! I put all my time, creativity, and effort into making sure I can paint the best for whomever it may be! I didn't do too much to your car... only worked on her for 4 hours! Laughing Here is the final result and I hope you like it!

P.S. I added two extras onto the car for you as well! Wink

The 2 extras to the car are obviously the red neon and also a custom horn. If you don't want one or either then let me know and I can remove em for you! Again I hope you like what I did you your design! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hole S*** You're good at this.
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats incredible...my favourite of yours so far.
do u use stickers? or export the details.dds and customise like that?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car itself is pretty much painted entirely by hand. The carbon fiber on the car as well as the decals like adidas and Mercedes-Benz were just stickers I put on after the design of the car was finished. Other than that the whole car was done my hand. Wink

LaValle would you like your updated car?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any time you want to send it to that fine. my email is ocamo457@gmail.com
knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded the zip file and .loc file to a site for you so here you go bro! Wink

Zip: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/21/1712937/zMadGpBRM_Ice.zip
.loc: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/21/1712937/zMadGpBRM_Ice.zip.loc

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord, I did what you said and saved the textures as DXT5 on paint.net,
But I still got the same mipmap error as before ! Do you have any idea as to how this could have happened ?
DaCheese

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been clicking in the "Generate mipmaps" tickbox where you're shown a preview of the image before you save it as a .dds? It's easy to overlook that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch - I hadn't noticed that as of yet !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Cars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: