Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Server, Ideas Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott.uk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: New Server, Ideas Please Reply with quote

Ok i got some good news & bad news if you like stunts then thats good news for you Wink

After Fiddiling with the settings with DaMadMan for over 2 hours doing this i finaly got the server set up for united.

Server name: Crazy Stunts
Under Scotland next to Mad Laps

Server will be up for 14-16 hours a day
... im afraid it cannot be 24/7 as i do not pay the bills, sorry folks but it will be up daily until i retire Smile

If you guys have any stunt tracks for United, Coast,Stadium etc please post make sure there challenging, please make sure theres Warning signs on tracks.

Im Currently looking for 3 Mature & active Admins..please PM me with your details, msn & age... thats all Smile

Ideas are more then welcome please post im all ears.

Thank you. Special Thanks to DaMadMan for helping me without him this wouldnt be possible. Smile

Last edited by Scott.uk on Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood what was the aim in Stunt maps, could you explain it a little bit please ?
It's sounds quite popular and interresting, but i really don't know it. Embarassed
Scott.uk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the more flips etc you do in a certain amount of time you get points for it..heres soem examples

http://youtube.com/watch?v=es91gXOMXD4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=poDSgNM29CM&mode=related&search=

the reason for this server is because its somethink different then Rounds, Time Attack was suggested but thats kinda boring... Stunts is more challenging & interesting.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice footage ! couldn't help grinning ear to ear : ) when watching, the trx could be real simple and short too, from my limited experience you get as many stunt's in as possible and then head for the finish line ?? hoping to set a good points total and the shortest time ?? is that right.

used to love playing Tony Hawks on Playstation..........................hee hee
Scott.uk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well in my knowledge theres 2 types of it... one is where you get as many stunts in around the track as your going along praying your land the right way.. then head for the finish line within the quickest tiem & the most points.

i forgot how to change the server name to Crazy Stunts! Silly me Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott.uk wrote:
server name to Crazy Stunts!

Shouldnt it be Mad Stunts Confused Confused Confused
Scott.uk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
Scott.uk wrote:
server name to Crazy Stunts!

Shouldnt it be Mad Stunts Confused Confused Confused

well im hosting it i thought of somethink along mad, as i think im in the commuinity with mad laps, the regulars of both mad laps servers...if DaMadMan is fine with it then i'll call it Mad Stunts... Steve check your PM please.
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New Server, Ideas Please Reply with quote

Scott.uk wrote:
Im Currently looking for 3 Mature & active Admins..please PM me with your details, msn & age... thats all Smile

Well safe to say that rules me out then Laughing

Just to forewarn anyone who accepts admin rights as a responsibility it is so easy to let the god like power of admin console go to your head. I should know Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, spanky i know the feeling aswell. But i've been an admin on various things for over a year so i know how to handle most sitautions. And i learnt it on BF2, which probably has one of the worst commuinties of any game. Wink
da dude 24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never been an admin of anything ^_^ maybe this will be my first time Razz
Scott.uk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally understand Spanky, its happened to me once upon a time, but hey who knows , i find you very hilarious, & theres one way to test yourself with admin is to get BF2 as Steve said, ive been admin on 2 64 man servers which are the worst with idiots, i kicked/banned around 20 a day because of their idiotic actions.

ive been looking through the tmx echange last night & ive downloaded around 10 stunt maps, some are coast some are stadium, we dont want one type do we?
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott.uk wrote:
i totally understand Spanky, its happened to me once upon a time, but hey who knows , i find you very hilarious, & theres one way to test yourself with admin is to get BF2 as Steve said, ive been admin on 2 64 man servers which are the worst with idiots, i kicked/banned around 20 a day because of their idiotic actions.

I'm one of the admins on my clans Desert Combat server but I find it can infringe on my having fun when other players moan all the time that "he's tk'd me" or "he won't get out of the tank and it's my turn" spend most of my time telling people to wise up Laughing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky_McCoy wrote:
"he won't get out of the tank and it's my turn"

It's my turn to shoot at the helicopter Sad

admin tasks fro this server take way more than I expected so to admin a real game would be awful Smile
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, if you think admin on TMN is difficult, try a 64 man BF2 server with vehicles Laughing People constantly fight over the vehicles. If you get in one, your more likely to get shot with the M-95 or C4'd than actually managing to take off. Then of course they moan to the admin, you got to stop, sort it out, kick/ban people. You know the ingame admin thing is so helpful. You just type a command, and it kicks them. And everyone knows theres an admin aswell, so sometimes they behave Laughing
Scott.uk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes Indeed Steve, admining on the TM servers to me is a really easy job..
if you guys think it is hard try admining a 64 man server like i do..infact 2 of them.. its CHAOS!

------------
Due to Issues with the server it will take abit more time to get the stats working/gaining points, its not as easy as i thought it would be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: