Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swear List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViRuS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Swear List Reply with quote

Hey mad , is it possible if you were to put up on here what are all the swear words on the server , because things like ffs is not a swear any more but flag is , its confusing Shocked
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's lag that's the swear word. In some cultures it is considered indecent to insulate one's loft.
ViRuS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah , so its simmilar to the person called Tuffster who got kicked cos ffs was in the middle of his name lol anyway of stopping words in the middle of other words getting you warned?
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a pain, yes. I got kicked off a server once for saying cocoon. Once I worked out why, I agreed with it, as my inconvenience is minor compared to the potential offense that could be caused.

I think a list of no-no-words might be interesting to regulars but of little practical value when people are just coming and going. Plus, it would look like this:

Banned words list
F@$*
W***
M@$%^&*(%££er
A$%£ T%%$%
S*&**£"£$£4% M%$$£"$$
Grandma
C&£*
ViRuS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah actually i guess , if its too bad to post on forum he could always PM people interested IE me
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol thats funny.

most swear words are obvious and the lag issue has been removed. I was on the other week and someone was lag this, lag that and I got rather bored Smile

ffs is not in the swear list at the moment because it boots tuffster every time he types. I might amend the program to not look at logins and thus reinstate ffs.

The swear filter exists purley because people as young as 5 play this game and I would like people on madlaps to repect that they are not always racing with their mates from the pub. I wish they would also respect that as it's an international affair, midnight here is only early evening in the states.

Regulars that constantly abuse the spirit of the server and swear filter also need to buck up. We've all been caught out occaissionally and sometimes deliberately but leaving the server by typing a long list of swear words is not acceptable practice............ I will make an issue of constant offenders when I see fit because it simply isn't necessary.

I like the idea of adding grandma to the list Smile
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I request that the following aren't added to the swear filter

Chuff
Scrote
Knob
pubes

I would be unable to commentate otherwise.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than warning then kicking people, cant you just replace the swear word with asterisks or something?
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking outside the box there Tom Wink , like that idea, it's scary at times, we really do have some genuinely bright people around the MadLaps community Smile
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope Sad

The chat always shows and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

The only suggestion I have seen is spamming the chat automatically to make it scroll up real fast..... like repeat the last 4 lines and not the one with the swearing in....... not sure I want to do that.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do is have a strip of translucent masking tape along the bottom of my screen. When someone swears I see the red message glowing blurrily through and I go and pray to a little statuette of the weeping Virgin Mary or someone for 5 minutes until the offender's soul is redeemed and I get to avoid seeing it.
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunsenjetson wrote:
What I do is have a strip of translucent masking tape along the bottom of my screen. When someone swears I see the red message glowing blurrily through and I go and pray to a little statuette of the weeping Virgin Mary or someone for 5 minutes until the offender's soul is redeemed and I get to avoid seeing it.

Thank god you can't have typers tourettes or you'd be praying a lot more than racing. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

коро210.5времConcГликWindИэтаBohuрепеавтоНекрДлинсоде
ШумеErneSoulРеймWashЧереSwisМедвcleaдатиАртиАртиClue
BR22CreoMoisсертTragRolaNiveFeatВермAndaNiveHugoAlwa
WellCredMexxWrinBernSchaBrilPhilЦыдзЗверMervSultкрая
SeedиллюегертелеЕмелрубеHarrДегтOrsoуволМироFELIRoxy
CircCollAllemuelВяльRetuМэйсJohnElemтрафсмерЯровRama
JeroAdit1:10LEXTRondChetZoneZoneдрагMiyoZone6,91Шипе
закаJeanГрызосвяWilhWillАбраWindSTEEInteТурмКузнGust
напрПисаCoheMillArkwдвижJameKarlЛобаVaugКузьXVIIхоро
орнаEpluклейПроиTekaGoodBarbWALLRollФилиФилиPolaКана
FlipтемнAVTOapprMystкомппольBlueTeleдопоBeadРоссчасо
BabyMercWindWindBoscязыкSmilPhilFranBritЛитРЛитРФрид
ЛитРЛитРЛитРШумоПавлИллюЗяблСергXVIIсемиБоянКондПари
ФранПетрИллюLeonOlegПатаинстIntrМоскравнБираTony(Вед
BakeавтоГеорAlanInteВерхтольGeneНекрКуцаRogeавтоHenr
RemiязыкCoktавтодепуДмитстудзадамалыСамсEpluEpluEplu
обраEverBookПеруавтоБирюAvaiместполиСодечемпБелаtuchkas
(гЛосред
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.ru
gangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.ru
geophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ru
halfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ru
hartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
jobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.ru
kerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ru
knowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.ru
laissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.ru
navelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ru
quasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.ru
recessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ru
scarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.ru
tacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkas
ultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: