Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connection problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Connection problems Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

For some time now, I am experiencing an annoying connection problem. When I'm not in trackmania, my connection is fine and other games like CSS work like a charm.
But when I start up trackmania, the trouble begins. First, connecting to the master game server takes ridicilously long. Connecting to regular game servers takes pretty long too. Also, when I managed to join a server, I get disconnected every now and then; I get error 10054 and sometimes 12002.
It seems that somehow the game chokes my connection, as sometimes when I'm running a download next to trackmania, the speed of the download drops significantly and sometimes even stalls, when I am ingame that is. As soon as I leave the game the download speed rises again untill it reaches its normal level.

Does anybody have a clue what is going on and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told him there are super-clever guys here who can help him, so go Razz
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moldo wrote:
I told him there are super-clever guys here who can help him, so go Razz

yea, so, what I should do is, oh, hang on that's wrong ... ummmm ...
what was the question?

Skin by Baino
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blimey someone must have a clue Confused

... try this: from the Loading Panel check Configure. On the basic Configuration settings examine the values for Network Upload and Network Download. Assuming you have an ADSL broadband connection you can set these figures much lower than your theoretical maximum, a game like this will run happily on 1/2 Meg down and .05 up! We'll allow a little extra for the P2P, so enter the values 1000 Download and 100 Upload. Now check the game's performance and report back here Smile

Skin by Baino
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how often does the gurugording visit?

mad usually knows something when itsjus trackmania?

mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Connection problems Reply with quote

Joris wrote:

my connection is fine and other games like CSS work like a charm.
But when I start up trackmania, the trouble begins. First, connecting to the master game server takes ridicilously long. Connecting to regular game servers takes pretty long too. Also, when I managed to join a server, I get disconnected every now and then; I get error 10054 and sometimes 12002.
It seems that somehow the game chokes my connection, as sometimes when I'm running a download next to trackmania, the speed of the download drops significantly and sometimes even stalls, when I am ingame that is. As soon as I leave the game the download speed rises again untill it reaches its normal level.

ok, what is your connection speed?
are you on a wireless connection?
how much memory does your computer have?
why do you think it fine to run a download and play the game at the same time?

The game is quite hungry on resources and network connection. any other application that is running can reduce tm to a crawl especially virus checkers and firewalls like norton etc. Kill ALL unnecessary processes in the task manager.... on xp you should be 30 ish and try again.

Also your ISP can block certain ports and protocols and it is possible that they are slowing your gaming connection considerably. check their usage restrictions and gaming policy.

and CSS.... spell out the names of things and that way we know what your talking about.
JawZ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

css = counter strike scource

quite few ppl i know ill download while playing tm cause it isnt overly reliant on having a good ping, tho if its getting crippled for whatever reason you end up in a right mess.

i had an isp issue for 2 weeks.

mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so I have iplayer and 4od installed and I use bit torrent and play music with media player and TM keeps giving network errors and runs like a pig, any ideas? Wink

Just kidding, I DON'T, but many people do......

remember bittorrents and the iplayer etc also UPLOAD from YOUR machine....... your upload speeds are crucial to gaming and very limited on a regular connection. All these programs also use considerable memory and resources that depending on the system maybe crucial to running the game.
Joris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your reactions so far Smile

Middenrat wrote:
blimey someone must have a clue Confused

... try this: from the Loading Panel check Configure. On the basic Configuration settings examine the values for Network Upload and Network Download. Assuming you have an ADSL broadband connection you can set these figures much lower than your theoretical maximum, a game like this will run happily on 1/2 Meg down and .05 up! We'll allow a little extra for the P2P, so enter the values 1000 Download and 100 Upload. Now check the game's performance and report back here Smile

tried this, didn't help.

mad wrote:

ok, what is your connection speed?
are you on a wireless connection?
how much memory does your computer have?
why do you think it fine to run a download and play the game at the same time?

my connection speed is about 4 Mbps up and 0.6 Mbps down
I am on a wireless connection
My computer has 2 GB RAM
I think its fine to run a download next to the game because I have done so for almost 2 years now without any problems; I've had this connection issue for only a few weeks..

oh and I don't download torrents, I use grabit.
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

High in the mountains of Scotland dwells a guru he is named Gording.

Travel across the shoogly bridge, along the road of razors (the rocks are sharp) up the wall of doom (its got moss on it) and along the peak of disaster (its foggy) then go back down that hill and along to mount doom (its a volcano) knock on the door in exactly this sequence

Once (pause)
Twice (pause)
47 (pause for one minute)
23 (pause for 17 secs)

If he doesn't answer in about an hour it means he's out so come back later.

If he can't answer your queries (or mad hasn't already answered them) pour a cup of coffee down the back of it and claim it off the insurance.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile the ramblings of a fool

There is very little to help with, especially as we know little of the user or the machine. we can only point out how to check your system is running fine and how to avoid obvious problems....

Have you checked for viruses and spyware...... adaware and avast are two great free downloads for checking your system and unhackme is perfect for rootkit and in memory infections.

After that,
Avoid wireless networks
kill unecessary processes and applications (xp will have approx 30 processes when running well)
check your broadband speed using a speed tester
avoid ISP's that traffic shape heavily
make sure your computer is clean on the inside to avoid overheating....
run a disk defragment
check your hard disk space to ensure lots of free space... don't forget that system restore and the recycle bin can easily swallow 30% of a drive....
turn off automatic updates unless you want random problems that you have no idea where they came from or why they happened.
Kaeptn Kork

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: now it works Reply with quote

thank u middenrat, 1000/100 configuration works much better.
merry christmas
Kork
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: Top Rated Product Website Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about Great Product Tips 783b430
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:22 am    Post subject: Top Livejasmin Info Reply with quote

For the man asking about live sec cams, free sexy video chat, eyline cam, dirty live video chat, cam chat chat, adult cam models, private nude chat, women chat video, webcam mature chat, free video chat, I highly suggest this his response on live webcam sex advice or video chat random dirty, dirty roulette site, live sec cams, video to video chat, strip chat website, chat live site, live srx cam, female video chat, live nude ch, cam7 adult, as well as this right here for live video sex site as well as randomvideo chat, dirtyroulette cam, free video chat with females, dirty random cam, video chat with gi, dirty roulette camera, video chat with real women, free cam dirty, chat with chat, dirty video chat live, not to mention this great Livejasmin url which is also great. Also, have a look at this more helpful hints about Livejasmin tips on top of live video chat, best free live cam sites, chat video cam to cam, free webcam live chat sites, nude cam roulette, as live chat, dirty chat video, video chat live chat, free sec cams, account chat, alongside all this get the facts about live video sex info with live chat and video, video chat video chat, mature cam shows, hot nude chat, free cam chat, use of a webcam, you are chat, live dex cam chat, adult vr cams, x live aex, for good measure. Check more @ New Savstaan0.Cc Tips 7741e19
xaniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Инди174.1PERFPERFСодеFromWorlканддопоЧебоSideDannCham
MoreLinuOrieMultVisiBirtJohnпланSimm1043SupeAlekинст
МоскCredAiseCareHenrКляцОлехгубеBlueДичеDoctNatuAlte
AustЗавеBertXVIIЛароКурьRelaГрамигруConsAlexEmma(196
FlatСодекостTravblacTentJuliSELFJohnкандСтраVincChar
YorkнароИллюRedcSoldMetaJuliРодиHeik1962ПопоRobeПраб
LettМалаEcstMarvчистKnutBradЧернFullЛамаокруДайнWind
СабуDomiAlphArtsсере28001877ТараАвижПолоВереOscaЛеже
BillShaaанекPROMSlovУспеGranNokiMagnНосоHaloWindиеро
рабомесяМВЛоРоссMielAskoКевхФедеJackYC-WWindЧайк3270
РосспласSQuiRefeEricBettавтоPostArroязыккартЛуцкнабо
КитаStonWindMicrSilwконсOregKenwГригChow(эстпроцбухг
кандАртиKonzАудиШилоГаглЛитРГениАльбЖданразвПскоХаба
NeroЦзюйDigiпостминсКадиNextстатPinkSupeсаваENVYлабо
ClivавтоDigiOscaНефеЮрисMontJameИллюСахаВласМайкWind
заняRienКочопутеSERGJoseпрорAutoКалиСухамесямесямеся
времGPRSподхСимаЖураHappErneШаласведSallКоваОбухtuchkas
БулаКарц
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.ru
gangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.ru
geophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ru
halfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ru
hartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
jobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.ru
kerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ru
knowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.ru
laissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.ru
navelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ru
quasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.ru
recessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ru
scarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.ru
tacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkas
ultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: