Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any sugestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Good Homer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Any sugestions? Reply with quote

This last weekend I played on the Nadeo Red server for the first time and I could not believe the points I was been rewarded, one of my goals from when I first starter playing trackmania was to get my name on the top 10 players ladder in the north/west England (were I live) I went from 29k to 40k in one weekend and achieved my goal.

I am now really gutted for doing that because now when I play madlaps (my favourite server) I don’t get any points at all not even for a pole position.
Trackmania for me has always been about getting the best positions I can and being rewarded with points accordingly. But now I’m not getting any points on madlaps my heart is not in it and it shows in my driving.

I’ve always enjoyed playing madlaps and racing with all you guys and gals, but when I see that am not getting any points the enthusiasm for the race dies.

The question is do I play madlaps solely for positions and get no points?

Or

Move on to other servers that I’ll never enjoy the same?

Maybe the madlaps team could consider a madlaps extreme server 30k – 70k for the future.
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played for points, since the start.

When I first started playing TMUF I was ranked about 5k already, now I'm 3/4k so there's not much difference. There's no need to feel gutted for getting no points, I can win on a server of 30 people and get 2 points for it, but do i care? no..because it's the racing I enjoy not the rank. If I cared about rank I could be much higher than I am now, but that would result in me playing the game non-stop and not having a life like bboy (Razz).

I play it for the racing, not the rank. I have over 30k points but I don't care about them as I can't do anything with them, and I'm also ranked #11 in Yorkshire but that doesn't affect me either.

I just enjoy the close racing and the different tracks on the server.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, congrats on the ambition fulfillment, Homer Wink
I'm in the same boat as you re: out-laddering most other racers on our server. This is part of the strategy, though. Let me explain... the Points addicts are unlikely to be attracted to Mad Laps, it's because they don't play Laps and our average rank is low. Having a sprinkling of High Rollers at least puts us on the map and places us in the Green Zone when they're connecting to the game. Secondly it awards decent Points hauls to the Mad Laps regulars when we get beaten. This seless act of sacrifice is its own reward Laughing
I divide my time thus: morning play on the 20-60k servers getting Points and Rank, then evenings on Mad Laps spreading the love. Everybody's happy Exclamation

Skin by Baino
Raikkonen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Any sugestions? Reply with quote

Good Homer wrote:

The question is do I play madlaps solely for positions and get no points?

Or

Move on to other servers that I’ll never enjoy the same?

stupid question really, no offense.

you didnt start playing to rank did you?

so play for fun like the rest of us. Wink
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always considered computer games to be about fun, not neccessarily being the best (try telling my friends that when I'm playing Mashed though...). I'm never going to be the best player at any game, so it's never bothered me, especially on TM. Scoring massive amounts of points can be good fun though.
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can honestly say i don't give a monkeys about points and i'll happily play against just a few racers and never even look at the points i get.

i can see why some people are bothered about points but to me it just means i'm expected to do well if i've got a decent rank, also i can't play as often or for as long as some people so its too much of an uphill struggle to be high in the rankings

i'm usually at around 30,000 give or take which to me seems OK Very Happy
JawZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i kinda stopped playing tmnf only taking part in gps few weeks after its release i was up to about 1000ish at one stage

i recently started playing abit more, when i came bck my rank was 54000ish

and cause im noot overly bad at this game i soon amassed large totalsof LP and got up to about 4000

but anyhow when ya reach 50,000 LP you won get points in mad laps at all unless mad adjusts the settings or something

Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Good Homer, if you're really only interested in points, I suggest you become one of them boosters and play on those servers where you need some points to go in (20-40k, 30-70k whatever). Gotta say though, some of those servers, like Nadeo Red, aren't really making you better, cause you're playing those lame Nadeo tracks. There's sometimes a trick to go faster, and if not, you're just winning by a split second, which you have to admit, is far more boring that winning by a split second on a Mad Laps server Smile So then you might be 1st of north/west England, you might be 1st of entire England or you might be 1st of the entire world, boosting just for points isn't helping much to improve skills, and is it not rediculous to have the game say you're really good but you're actually not as good as lower-ranked people Question
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea why don't you start from the beginning again with no points, that way you'll get points every race.
you could always carry on on the high points server with your good homer profile
Good Homer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your good comments, and to answer your question Raikkonen no I did not start playing to rank I just found my self at rank 20 North/West England and set my self a challenge to get on the top 10 ladder. (This made me point hungry)

But having read the comments posted yesterday by Ste-Unit, Middenrat, Raikkonen and DaCheese I fully agreed the game is supposed to be fun and so I went on madlaps last night and really enjoyed the racing. (Though I do proffer the new tracks compared to the old ones as I’ve not been around as long as most of you guys and I don’t know the tracks but I fully intend on learning them) Wink

There are not many tracks on the Nadeo Red server and I’ve got fearly good at them so I will still play there from time to time but most of my time is going to be spent learning all the 200+ tracks on madlaps because most of them are new to me.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Homer wrote:
most of my time is going to be spent learning all the 200+ tracks on madlaps because most of them are new to me.

Actually it's just a few more than that Laughing. If I hadn't discovered the variety of tracks available on Mad Laps there's no way I'd still be playing TM. Most other laps servers suck, and time attacks's not my thing at all, I must be one of the few TrackManiacs who put their fastest time in at the beginning or after a couple of runs and then get progressively slower...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to be fast at first attempts, and get slower. recently i seem to take things easy on my first time round soething.

xaniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIII134BettBettDaniLoviЖивыJameGordМогиLittFiskAppl
OrieПолеИспоJeweDISCTribPuisромаКапиIrisHenrстихНико
GilbPenhGlisRecoзапоМатысертДонсдопоHartAhavPhilДуби
StepFyodАманNigeLopeмехаSalaAntoLiliХилтТхорАвдеавто
упраSelaМышкПинаMondErstCotoBonuНагоNoraОстрMervфаку
ЭйснДжасJameСодеOppoWindБелоздесВладHAWXVeroNeveNora
WindSoliGeniTravArtsСалдРосснапеКЛЕЙZeffКравRumiКита
Johaменя(АлмFuxiCompGregпольДьячЛындобщеJameBillErle
EmmainfoИллюRichЧайкFruhErneMerrGooNDaysJeweMoveукра
указCMK-свинServVestZigmзавеPurgAlicСергРазмAlanWood
BestпласАртиMataMystкомпEndoBlueValiEducEditMariБогд
DeluкомпWindwwwnSateмесяPhilднемDolcРР00ЛукиБагдтеат
ЗапоРоссNianBernоптиЛитРЛитРVIIIОктяПариТрошбольKare
ПисаXXXVVladТрошValeDolbRondВороКупоPrelКадрпрогсорт
ChanEmerРоссJudyЧумиLynd135-AzizЛубчгазеНефеЗолокниг
BoomВартRockDianMatcмузыКрасЖукоКомаGenuCMK-CMK-CMK-
ребететрМаниThisDougзаниРябоиспрJameстудЭльшTeactuchkas
WindЗаце
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkas
инфоинфо
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: